Malarkey Software
» / And lo, the masses were enlightened back in the year 2006.
0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 11 01 111 0000 111 00 111 0 1 0 1 0 1111 0110 111000 111 0 11 0 111100 1110 1100000 111 11 0 01 1 0 1 0 0111 011 0001 0111 0100
0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 11 01 111 0000 111 00 111 0 1 0 1 0 1111 0110 111000 111 0 11 0 111100 1110 1100000 111 11 0 01 1 0 11 01 101 001 1011
0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 11 01 111 0000 111 00 111 0 1 0 1 0 1111 0110 111000 111 0 11 0 111100 1110 1100000 111 11 0 01 1
0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 11 01 111 0000 111 00 111 0 1 0 1 0 1111 0110 111000 111 0 11 0 111100 1110 1100000 111 11 0 01 1 10111 0110 100011
0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 11 01 111 0000 111 00 111 0 1 0 1 0 1111 0110 111000 111 0 11 0 111100 1110 1100000 111 11 0 01 1
[news from the year 2006]

18 Dec 2006
I dredged another project out from my archives and updated it so that it's a UB and runs properly under 10.4. Neko Type-R is now at v1.1. If you like it, let me know.

17 Dec 2006
dead.licious has received a minor update and one of my older projects, Web Dailies, gets a little work done on it.

12 Dec 2006
Mine Swept updated to v1.46 and comes in French now.

04 Dec 2006
dead.licious has been massively updated, bring it to version 1.1.

20 Oct 2006
Doh!!!!! dead.licious had some minor issues that are fixed now.

17 Oct 2006
Wow! News that isn't about Mine Swept! Anyway, dead.licious, a tool for anyone with a del.icio.us account, has been added to my slowly growing list of projects. Long story short, it checks the bookmarks in your account to see if they're still valid.

29 Sept 2006
And the Mine Swept updates continue to come in. Also, as of v1.45, Mine Swept is now a Universal Binary.

03 August 2006
Mine Swept updated yet again to version 1.44.

31 July 2006
Mine Swept updated to version 1.43.
Also, if you're nerdy enough (like myself) to need to convert between decimal and hexadecimal numbers quickly and easily, check out HexDecBin on the projects page. OSX and Win32 versions are available.

20 May 2006
Hot Spot X updated to version 1.22.

25 April 2006
Wow. More tile sets for Hot Spot X just keep on pouring in. This time, it's CircSym and Elements from Jeff Ross.
And speaking of more tile sets, I added another one at the behest of a color-blind player and repackaged the Hot Spot X archive. I've also made it available as a separate download. So if you have any color-blind friends who enjoy puzzle games, please pass the word along.
Lastly, I just had hand surgery so if you enjoy my games and would like to help me out with my medical expenses, please head on over to the donation page.

19 April 2006
Whoops. The South Park tile set was linked to the wrong file. It should be fixed now.

04 April 2006
Hot Spot X updated to 1.21 to fix a couple things. Also, South Park was added as a player-contribute tile set.
Mine Swept updated to version 1.42, as well.

18 Mar 2006
Malarkey Software now has a mailing list. Check it out, yo!
Added Animals, another player-contributed tile set to Hot Spot X. Anyone else want to contribute one?
On a more personal note, I think I may have broken a finger so if you send me an e-mail, don't expect too prompt of a response please.
Speaking of e-mails, I've been getting some with invalid addresses. So if you've sent me an e-mail and have not heard back from me, chances are I didn't get it.

05 Mar 2006
Added Runes, the first player-contributed tile set to Hot Spot X.

27 Feb 2006
Hot Spot X received a massive update and has been bumped up to v1.2. Please download and enjoy.

17 Feb 2006
Mine Swept updated to version 1.41. This release fixes some bugs, makes some tweaks, and adds a couple new features.

29 Jan 2006
Hot Spot X updated to version 1.12 to fix a couple bugs.

23 Jan 2006
Doh! I'm an idiot. Hot Spot X updated to version 1.11 to fix a bug that got in by accident that would kill the game after the first tile was placed.

23 Jan 2006
Whew! Lots of updates. Mainly because I forgot that I had a News section of my website and that I should update it when I update the RSS feed. So yeah, the updates:
  • Mine Swept was updated to 1.4.
  • Hot Spot X was updated to 1.1.
  • New project added: Chemical Bonds.
  • New host and website address! Of course, if you're reading this, you're already here...
Other projects are getting updates too so more on those as I complete them.